Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Waterworks


I'm that person who sees something and says : "I need to go there!" or I get something into my head and think: "I hope I get that one day."
I'm half dreamer half realist.
I'm not one to jump into anything without thinking and I know I'm very much mortal. I'm more of an over-thinker than anything. Which is as you might guess, a blessing and a curse.
But I can be very enthusiastic about those things I love. How can I illustrate this half dreamer half realist concept to you?
Here: When I was younger, say until about thirteen when I started at my current school, I spent half my time thinking in third person writing a mental story of whatever caught my attention at that moment. This may sound like an exaggeration but I can't tell you how many times I've said out loud "No. Stop. Think in first person." ( Thinking up mental stories is still the only way I can get to sleep if I have insomnia.) The point is, even if I had been thinking about what was actually happening it was in third person. If I had a difficult problem going on, I solved it in third person so I could see it as objectively as possible.
Here are some of the dreams I have right now:
* Spend some time living in another country.
* Have a giant whiteboard in one room of a house I own in the future.
* Buy a house with cash.
* Own a typewriter (I accidentally wrote "own a country." Close.)
* Eat ramen in Japan.
* Own a Nissan Altima
* Get a book bound.
* Go to Harry Potter Wizarding World in Orlando
* Have Butterbeer
* See She & Him live in concert
* Live down the street from a great coffee shop (technically this is sort of true I just don't live as close as I would like to.)
* Visit the Netherlands
* Learn to speak Dutch
* Learn to speak German
* Learn to speak French
* Visit Glasgow and go to a bunch of different concerts there
* Go to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland
* Pet a panda.

There are lots of others of course. But this will give you a little taste of things I'd like to do/try/have.

Yours until the end of the internet,
Eiggam

No comments:

Post a Comment